Gov. Baker has lifted all Covid-19 restrictions effective as of May 29, 2021.
Fr. Alex and the Parish Council have agreed that all restrictions will also be lifted in our facility as well, with the following notable exceptions:
- Students and Teachers attending Sunday School classes in person will be required to wear masks and socially distance where possible through the end of this school year.
- Unvaccinated persons, as well as others with Covid safety concerns, are encouraged to wear masks as necessary to protect their own health or the health of others with whom they interact.
We ask that you be mindful and respectful of the fact that there will continue to be many different levels of comfort in how individuals and families assess and mitigate their Covid risk and that it will still take some time before everyone is 100% comfortable in resuming normal social practices. We encourage you to ask before assuming that a hug, hand shake, standing close together, and other forms of personal contact are welcome.
We also ask that you remember that not all members of our community are eligible to be vaccinated at this time, especially children under 12 years old, and many of our teens and tweens have not yet had a chance to become fully vaccinated. Please allow these individuals the space they need to feel safe while attending.
Fr. Alex and Fr. Manny will continue to wear masks at appropriate times, especially when interacting with those who are unvaccinated or otherwise vulnerable.
St. Gregory will continue to provide hand sanitizer and spare masks for anyone in need.
As of Liturgy on May 30, you can expect to see the following changes as we return to normal operations:
- No attendance limits will be imposed.
- Pews will be reset to their normal spacing and configuration.
- Social distancing guides, such as painter’s tape and other reminders, will be removed.
- Contact tracing efforts, such as the Liturgy pre-registration requirement, will cease.
- Congregational singing will return.
- Coffee hour will resume.
- There will no longer be a limit on the number of altar servers. Parents should be on the lookout for an updated schedule from Fr. Alex.
- Antidoron will be served normally.
- Narthex candle lighting will return to normal.
- Service books will not return to the pews in anticipation of new service books this summer.
Thank you for your adherence to our safety procedures over the last 14+ months. Together we have been able to limit the spread of Covid-19 among our congregation. We look forward to resuming all normal activities and enjoying each other’s company again!
You may still choose to participate in services from your homes. They will be broadcast live from the church. Please join us prayerfully on our Facebook page for live broadcasts at:
AND on our YouTube Live Channel: